about more than a week ago, i thought of registering my starbucks card which has been with me for over a year

when i saw the rewards, i was excited about using it on my next visit and earn more points (i only got the welcome level rewards cause though i had the card for a long time, it was never registered. so my past purchases did not earn points)


but because of this little incident that happened just this past weekend, am not so sure about using my sbux card again nor visiting any of their branches.

as it was my turn to order, i told the cashier that i wanted to add money in my starbucks card by taking $10 off my chase card. after-which, we proceeded with our order that had a total of around $7. i told the guy to use my starbucks card and he did. so what am i whining about? they charged me for another $13. and for what? i have no idea and i only found out cause i checked my chase account.




thank goodness it was a pending transaction! so i called up the branch responsible for this booboo and the lady i talked to said "there is nothing we can do ma'm. there's no way we can move your money from here or cancel that transaction. you may call our starbucks office instead". so i did and got the response, "there's nothing we can do. we have no access to your account. pls call your bank instead". it really disappointed me that starbucks was no help at all after causing me this much hassle. they didn't even bother to at least TRY and check what they can do to assist. i know it's just $13 but hey that's a good amount of coffee money that i could enjoy. 

but anyway, huge thanks to the bank teller i talked to from chase. she was able to cancel the transaction and credited the $13 back to my account. whew! 

thank you chase! :)



...
4 Responses
  1. Poli Says:

    tnx for stopping at my blog!
    will be glad to see you there again!)
    xoxo


  2. Sammy-B Says:

    mmmm i LOVE starbucks... you made me want one now! haha
    love sammy
    www.sammy-living-in-sin.blogspot.com

    xxxx


  3. Elaine Says:

    That happened to us once too! We went to a restaurant and the pending transaction total was a lot bigger than the actual amount we spent but after the transaction went through, the total was back to what it should have been in the beginning. I think they add like a $5 fee or something as a "just in case" and then take it out later.

    clothedmuch.blogspot.com


  4. @sammy - haha! i can't believe this made you want one :p but hey, i understand cause i do love starbucks too :p but after this one, am just gonna be more careful :D

    @elaine - there was an explanation in the chase website about pending transactions. but the thing is, there was no reason for me to have one which was really odd. but at least it's all cleared out in both our cases :)